Please see below for a description of this half-time position. Those interested in applying for the position should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m., February 10, 2015.
- Two years of experience writing, reporting, and producing news programming, particularly for deadline-oriented broadcast operations.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accepted industry standards of ethics, fairness, and accuracy.
- Experience training and supervising employees and volunteers and administering organizational systems.
- Ability to inspire others and solve problems creatively.
- Journalism degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in WFHB’s broadcast area preferred.
- Reports to the News Director.
- Works with WFHB volunteer staff, and staff at other agencies.
- Exercises direct supervision over all volunteer staff working within the News Department and indirect supervision of all volunteer staff working in all other departments.
- The Assistant News Director serves as second-in-command to the News Director in operating the News Department in a manner consistent with the mission and policies of WFHB. The Assistant News Director carries out functions and assignments determined by the News Director.
- Assists the News Director in any way required with the operations of the WFHB News Department and the programs it produces.
- Temporarily assumes responsibility for all News Department operations if the News Director should be absent or incapacitated.
- Helps coordinate programming produced in cooperation with our partner agencies.