Executive Committee Meeting
August 11, 2014
Present: Joe Estivill, Markus Lowe, Cleveland Dietz, Kelly Wherley (recorder).
- First order of business is to change the time of the meeting. We’ll be meeting at 6:15pm from here on out on the second Monday of the month.
- Second order of business is to establish that minutes have to be taken for all the board committee meetings. Board Secretary Kelly Wherley is taking care of it for the Executive Committee.
- Third order of business is the setting of the agenda. Cleveland distributed the July 28th BoD agenda and we discussed it. The chronology of some of the items was discussed. Reports will follow a President, Treasurer, GM chronology. Committee Reports will follow an Executive, Finance, and Policy chronology. Various facets of each remaining item and completion/report updates were stated and we adjusted the agenda accordingly. The August 25th, 2014 agenda is attached at the end of these minutes. The Ivy Tech Green Space discussions are progressing and a breakfast chat is going to take place on Tuesday, August 26th, at 8:30am. Cleveland is attending along with the Ivy Tech Chancellor and the Facilities Manager. Markus Lowe, even though it’s his birthday, is going to attend as well as a Board representative.
- New agenda items included Summary Reports from the News Summit. We’re looking at it from an operational and not a governance aspect, so whatever changes Alycin might enact, they don’t necessarily need Board approval, but it would be nice to know what some of the initiatives are. We’d also like Scott Hutchinson, the new Development Director, to come in and meet the Board. We’re only going to have one meeting before the Fall Fund Drive so Board participation on the fund drive is going to be included and we’re also going to discuss the quarterly meeting. Cleveland is going to ask members of the board to record individual pleas for fund-raising that would ostensibly air throughout the year.
- On the report front, we’re going to really push for Board members to read all the reports before the meeting. That will negate the need for a bunch of printed copies and allow for more time to discuss other board business. Board members will be allowed to ask any questions about the reports during the review process. Finance reports will include any narratives or explanations for any discrepancies in finances or other contingencies that are common from month to month.
- Cleveland motions to adjourn at 6:59pm and Markus seconds. Meeting adjourned.
WFHB BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOARD AGENDA FOR AUGUST 25th, 2014
Hooker Conference Room, #245, City Hall
201 N. Morton St., Bloomington, IN
- CALL TO ORDER / ATTENDANCE OF BOARD MEMBERS
- REVIEW / APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT REVIEW
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Policy Committee
- OLD BUSINESS
- Board of Directors’ Operations Manual
- CATS / News Department
- Status of Development Director
- Equipment Audit
- Guideline for making local purchases
- Marketing Committee Proposal
- Ivy Tech Green Space – Speakers
- NEW BUSINESS
- Cleveland Dietz application to Leadership Bloomington-Monroe County
- News Summit Report
- Development Director
- Quarterly Meeting
- Fund Drive