Attendance: Kelly Wherley (KW), Louis Malone (LM), Vera Grubbs (VG). Cleveland Dietz (CD) was present for part of the meeting.
Call to Order: 6PM
- Initial discussion about the mission and focus of the committee
- Good database of perspective volunteers, active volunteers and alumni already in system with volunteer coordinator, KW.
- Detailed discussion on how to handle new volunteers in regards to placement and matching of talent, skills and experience.
- Speculated about the duties of a development director in reference to the recruitment and/or training of new volunteers. CD cautions us that the development director will probably be concerned mostly with fund-raising.
- CD suggests that the volunteer committee resurrects and revamps a previous Volunteer Handbook. He will search for an old copy/template.
- Related documents , such as the orientation sign-up sheet, should be modified and refined to better gauge the applicants’ commitment and enthusiasm as an active volunteer.
- A Code of Conduct (behavior) to be included in handbook.
- Also need to establish a set of standards and expectations for perspective volunteers.
Adjournment: 7:15 PM
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, Feb.10 , 6 PM at the station