WFHB is seeking members for its Board of Directors. Members attend monthly board meetings, develop strategic policy, serve as representatives of WFHB within the community, among other duties. See full list of duties and responsibilities below.
WFHB Board Member Duties and Responsibilities
The Board of Directors is the governing and policy-making body of WFHB. Each Director must act as a voting member of the Board with full authority and responsibility for:
- Developing strategic policy that assists WFHB in achieving its mission
- Supporting the mission, policies, committees, and activities of WFHB
- Monitoring WFHB’s financial health, programs and overall performance
- Approving the budget and reviewing monthly financial statements
- Providing the General Manager with the resources to meet the needs of the members
- Evaluating the performance of the General Manager regularly
- Assisting in fundraising through member recruitment, maintenance and retention
- Representing WFHB policies, programs, members and mission to the community
1.Individual Board Member Duties
The Board is as effective as its members and leadership enable it to be. Members are expected to:
- Attend monthly Board meetings, special meetings of the board, annual retreats
- Review any information distributed prior to each meeting, and any reports received during meetings.
- Assist with membership, retention, and fundraising programs/strategies
- Be a visible leader by attending as many WFHB special events as possible.
- Actively participate in at least one committee or task force during each term
- Monitor the finances and budget reports.
- Accept special assignments when appointed by the Chairperson/President of the Board
- Participate in evaluating their personal and the Board’s collective performance.
- Represent WFHB and its views to the community as directed by the Board
- Attend orientation and utilize training opportunities throughout the term
Board members must meet standards of conduct and attendance:
- attend 75% of Board meetings and
- actively participate in at least one committee or task force
- avoid bringing discredit upon WFHB by their actions.
Interested parties should contact email@example.com.